custom bar graph percent of total label

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

PWR

custom bar graph percent of total label

Post by PWR »

I would like to have each bar in a bar graph labeled with it percent contribution to the total series plotted. I have attached a % to each bar on a bar graph (marks tab after I double click on the parameter name). But each bar is simply labeled "100%" even though each bar is a different size. Is there a way to have each bar labeled with the "% of the total" in the plotted series? "PercentValue" labeled each bar differently, but alas, each bar was still 100% of itself. I want % of total.
Thanks
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you post some screen shots of what you have (or better still a screen shot of the tool options you are using). It's difficult to know exactly what you mean without seeing something.
PWR

Post by PWR »

The 6 bars in the attached jpg represent a single parameter's six subscripts. If I "mark" them with the "Value", they are correctly labeled with the value of the bar. Percent seems to apply to percent of the bar, which is always 100%, and not to the percent that the single bar represents relative to the total set of bars.
Attachments
bar graph showing % issue.jpg
bar graph showing % issue.jpg (130.83 KiB) Viewed 5955 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you email it to me and I'll take a look? I'm sure it's just a formatting issue.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I'm not sure it can be done the way you want it at the moment.

Each "bar" is a separate series in order to make them draw correctly with different labels etc. So each bar is 100% of it's total.

I'll see if I can add in a custom label type, this could be used to display the percentage.

Tony.