Ranking and Accumulation

Use this forum to discuss any issues relating to Systems Dynamics and Systems Thinking.
husnafezaahmad
Vensim version: DSS

Ranking and Accumulation

Post by husnafezaahmad »

Hello all,

This time around i really look forward for your help. Please. I'm stuck and i really have no idea how to model my study.

Okay, so i'm trying to model a pool market in electricity supply industry. I have this marginal cost for 32 plants, dan also the installed capacity for each plant. What i want to do is, i want to rank the marginal cost ascendingly. Each plant has different marginal cost because of the variable i used to calculate marginal cost is different for different plant's technology. After the marginal cost has been ranked, i would also wanted to accumulate the installed capacity. I've stuck with this for about a month. Tried few suggested function, but unfortunately it brings me to the dead end. Mind u, that i'm so new into this Vensim software.

Attached is the sketch on what i'm trying to do as well as the equation i'm saying.
The 1st photo is the equation i used to calculate the marginal cost for 32 plants.
The 2nd one is the imaginary table that list down all the marginal cost i've calculated for each plant.
The 3rd one, the i want to model the 2 columns. The ranked marginal cost, as well as the cummulative installed capacity.

I really really hope that i can get any idea on how can i model it.
Thousand of thanks in advance for you guys for your help.
May God bless you.
Attachments
Vensim forum.pdf
(447.32 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Re: Ranking and Accumulation

Post by LAUJJL »

simplify your problem. Start with two plants and simplify everything else that can be simplified. Once the simplified solved, add one by one what you have substracted.