Vensim Run Through DLL

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
jrance

Vensim Run Through DLL

Post by jrance »

I am running vensim models through the vensim dll. I need to dynamically array the models before running each and I'm not sure how to do that in VB code.

I need to either have the ability to array the input variables of the model at runtime from the vmf file or I need to be able to compile an mdl file through the dll.

The way I am doing it now is arraying the model from the mdl file, then launching vensim to run a command script that compiles the model and closes the vensim app, then I use the dll to run the vmf file. This, of course, is not a good solution since I need to launch the vensim app to get it compiled. Please offer me an alternative solution to this approach.

Thanks,
Jamie
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Hello Jamie, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunatly there is no way of dynamically sizing arrays using the Vensim DLL. The method you are using at the moment with Vensim and the command script is the only way.

I will check and see if it might be possible to add the functionality into the DLL (the problem is that allowing this would mean giving the user the ability to edit equations using the Vensim DLL, so there would be no need for Vensim itself).

Tony.