How to make a new project (re)start ?

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
oOLauraOo
Vensim version: PRO

How to make a new project (re)start ?

Post by oOLauraOo »

Hello,
I would like to represent the work and time remaining during a refurbishment operation in order to determine the workforce required for the project month after month. It works perfectly only for one renovation cycle starting at Time=0, but I cannot manage to make the cycle restart once a year for instance.
I would like the level variables "Work remaining" and "Time remaining" to be "re-activated" with their specified initial values when renovation=1.
Renovation can be 0 or 1. It is 0 when no renovation occures, and it is 1 at (MODULO(Time,12)=0).
The level variable "Work remaining" is defined with the initial value : surface*renovation (m², 0 if renovation=0) ; and the active value : +failure rate-real workflow
The level variable "Time remaining" is defined with the initial value : XIDZ(délais,renovation,:NA:) (month, the supposed duration of the project) ; and the active value : -1 (time decreasing).
Please find in attachment a picture showing the model. I'm sorry this is partially in french !
Can you please advise me on how to manage initial values to match renovation cycles ?
Thank you,

Laura
Attachments
Human resources model.jpg
Human resources model.jpg (71.46 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: How to make a new project (re)start ?

Post by Administrator »

Can you upload the correct model? I cannot see "work remaining" or "Time remaining" in the screen shot.

The usual way to do this is to have a trigger variable,
trigger = if then else ( MODULO(Time,12)=0 , 1 , 0 )
and then reset the level using

reset level = trigger * level initial value / time step
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559