Custom table for multiple scenarios

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
gpallaske
Vensim version: DSS

Custom table for multiple scenarios

Post by gpallaske »

Dear all,

I have been scanning this forum and other websites, without success, for how to set up a custom table that displays all currently loaded runs. I figured how to generate the custom table, and how to change fonts etc, but what remains a mystery is how to set the table up in the way that it displays the scenarios that are currently loaded.

Purpose of the custom table is to use it for exporting data into Excel and to conduction manual calculations there for advanced analysis purposes, and exporting a single table for multiple scenarios again and again is driving me nuts :D

Hoping you can help me out here.

Best,
Georg
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Custom table for multiple scenarios

Post by tomfid »

In the table definition, there's a "Dataset" field where you specify the run name to show. You can use *1, *2, etc. to show the first, second... loaded dataset. It's a bit cumbersome if you have a lot of datasets, but it does permit you to add multiples.
gpallaske
Vensim version: DSS

Post by gpallaske »

Thank you for the swift reply! Assuming I name my datasets differently, then the asterix should bypass putting the whole name for the dataset, correct?

Further would it work to indicate " *1, *2, ..., *10 " even if only 2 runs are loaded, or would I get 8 empty rows then?

Thanks again for your help, this will save me a lot of time in terms of number crunching :)
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Correct, the * is a wildcard, followed by a number. I don't think it will put empty rows, but I haven't tried it.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Correct, the * is a wildcard, followed by a number. I don't think it will put empty rows, but I haven't tried it.