Mapping subscripts to create an inventory

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
oOLauraOo
Vensim version: PRO

Mapping subscripts to create an inventory

Post by oOLauraOo »

Hi,
I cannot manage to create a "buildings inventory" depending on their "energy class". I guess this is actually easy to do, probably with subscripts mapping, but I don't understand how to use it.

I created a subscript "energy classes" : A,B,C,D
And another subscript "buildings" : (Building1-Building15)

The model calculates the energy consumption of every building at every time step.
These consumptions must correspond to an "energy class" (for instance : energy consumption of Building1 < 50 -> A class ; I need to do this for every building). I don't know how to map this nor if it is possible.

Then I would like to make an "inventory" of buildings for each "energy class" such as : A class = x (buildings) ; B class = y ; C class = z ; D class = zz (x+y+z+zz = the total number of buildings, here 15).

Can you please help me with this ?

Best regards,

Laura
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Mapping subscripts to create an inventory

Post by Administrator »

I'm struggling to follow what you need without a model to look at. But here's a guess.

Code: Select all

energy consumption class limit[energy class a] = 50 {don't know what the other energy class limits are}

energy class[building] = IF THEN ELSE ( energy usage[building] < energy consumption class limit[energy class a] , 1 , 0 )
+ IF THEN ELSE ( energy usage[building] >= energy consumption class limit[energy class a] :AND: energy usage[building] < energy consumption class limit[energy class b]  , 1 , 0 )

inventory of buildings[energy class] = sum ( if then else ( energy class[building!] = energy class , 1 , 0 ) )
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
oOLauraOo
Vensim version: PRO

Re: Mapping subscripts to create an inventory

Post by oOLauraOo »

It worked perfectly ! With a little adjustment of the equation for the inventory, but still I managed to obtain what I wanted from the model.
Thanks a lot !

Laura