Crashing every time I click on a variable

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
UCFck2009
Vensim version: PLE+

Crashing every time I click on a variable

Post by UCFck2009 »

I am currently using Vensim PLE Plus, but ever since a recent update on my Mac, Vensim always instantly crashes whenever I click on a variable, which has made it virtually impossible for me to make necessary changes to my model. To view graphs and tables I can work around this by highlighting the variable(s) in question and then selecting the appropriate tool (e.g. "Graph" or "Table"), but this problem has made it virtually possible to change variable values/equations, update reference modes, or do anything else that would require clicking directly on the appropriate variable(s) and cannot be bypassed via highlighting or other means. I've authorized my computer to run Vensim and taken every necessary step that I know of to ensure that Vensim should be able to run smoothly on my computer, but this problem still persists. What can I do to fix this problem?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Crashing every time I click on a variable

Post by Administrator »

What version of OSX are you using?

Unfortunately Apple regularly issue updates that cause us a lot of problems. If you have a Windows emulator, I'd suggest using that. Windows/Vensim is far more stable than OSX/Vensim (and sadly, if an OSX update has caused this, there is little we can do until we've spent the time figuring out what Apple have done to stop Vensim working).
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
UCFck2009
Vensim version: PLE+

Re: Crashing every time I click on a variable

Post by UCFck2009 »

I'm currently using High Sierra Version 10.13.6.