Sens2File Question

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
rodrigo?solis
Vensim version: DSS

Sens2File Question

Post by rodrigo?solis »

Hi, I need to analyze my results using Standard Deviates, i.e. subtract the observed population growth rate from the mean projected population growth rate and dividing by the standard deviation of the projected growth rate (McCarthy et al., 2001).

For doing so, I want to export the sensitivity run (using Sens2File), and I see it would be very helpful being able to get the Standard deviation of my runs (at every time step) directly from the export. For that, I could get the 68% percentile (which for Normally distributed data would represent the SD), but I cannot seem to be able to modify the percentiles that are being exported (0, 1, 2.5, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 90, 95, 97.5, 99 and 100)

Is there a way of specifying the percentiles exported, or (even better) being able to calculate the SD during the export?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Sens2File Question

Post by tomfid »

There isn't a way to do this with SENS2FILE, but the Stats tool has customizable quantiles. It also gives you the SD directly.

Another option would be to use the interquartile range and adjust: IQR = 1.35*SD (see https://math.stackexchange.com/question ... stribution for example).