Table Tool Menu in Ver 8 +

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Priyadarshan

Table Tool Menu in Ver 8 +

Post by Priyadarshan »

How can the table tool menu be controlled in in Ver 8+ as was possible Ver 6?
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Table Tool Menu in Ver 8 +

Post by tomfid »

You can still right-click the tool to change settings. Or is there some other menu action you're after?
Priyadarshan

Post by Priyadarshan »

Hello
In version 6 table tool output the significance level was not preset at 1.0E6. It could be reset by specifying formats ( say %10.1f) in the adjacent window which opens on right-clicking the tool.
I tried loading in version 8 the saved (VTS) which worked fine in version 6. No luck so far.
How can I do this in version 8 table tool?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Priyadarshan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:17 pm In version 6 table tool output the significance level was not preset at 1.0E6. It could be reset by specifying formats ( say %10.1f) in the adjacent window which opens on right-clicking the tool.
I tried loading in version 8 the saved (VTS) which worked fine in version 6. No luck so far.
How can I do this in version 8 table tool?
There are a couple of issues here.

1. Even though you set the precision to %10.1f in Vensim 6, the VDF file format actually stores values in float format, so %10.1f would contain junk.

2. If you really need that level of precision, the best option for now is to export the values (using the menu Model->Export dataset). This will give you the full precision available.

3. I'll raise a note in our internal tracking system to be able to specify formats in the new table tool.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
Priyadarshan

Post by Priyadarshan »

Hello Administrator,
Thank you for the explanation.
I look forward to a enhanced table tool pursuant to implementation of your point 3.
Please keep me appraised.
Thank you