Disappearing Arrows

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
fatveg

Disappearing Arrows

Post by fatveg »

Hi there,
I'm using Vensim PLE Plus on a Win2K system. Since upgrading to 5.2 (and later to 5.3) I have had problems with arrows and pipes 'disappearing' from the view (but still being present in the model). The behavior is quite unpredictable, only a few arrows on any particular model seem to be affected. I can 'botch' them back sometimes by re-drawing them.

Does anyone recognize this problem and know of a fix?

Thanks!
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Is it only the arrows from constants to other variables that disappear? If so, that is easy to correct.

Click "Model" then "Settings". Now click the "Sketch" tab, now you should see a box for "Show initial causes on model diagrams". Tick this and see if it solves the problem.

Let me know how you get on,

Tony.
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

Ah, Thanks, that seems to fix it -- they show as gray arrows now. I hadn't realized that arrows for 'initial causes' weren't shown.

Thanks!:)
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I think it changed in version 5, but cannot remember now. I always have the arrows swithced on.

Tony.
Lee Jones

Post by Lee Jones »

Originally posted by Administrator
I think it changed in version 5, but cannot remember now. I always have the arrows swithced on.

Tony.
Yep, me too, except on some models where the initialising equations for equilibrium would make leaving them on very messy.