Running two models in Vensim

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Pruyn

Running two models in Vensim

Post by Pruyn »

I'm working on a Business Game for Students in cooperation with another University. Both are working on different, distinct, parts of the game with minimal relations between the two parts.
For convenience/maintenance I want to keep the models seperated. On the other hand I want to use one Venapp to run both of the models in a gaming situation.
One possibility is to run a game one step and then end it, run the other game for one step and end it. Then make the changes, restart game 1. Run one step etc.
I sincerely hope there is a more convenient option available, since starting up either one of the games takes a great amount (between 1 and 2 min.) of time.

Thx Jeroen
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you just run two seperate windows (ie, two instances of Vensim)?

If you really need both models in the same application, the only thing I can think of would be to merge both models (assuming they have similar time frames). This can be done fairly easily using the text view of a model.

Tony.
Pruyn

Post by Pruyn »

The first one is also an option. Hadn't thought of that, but I'm working with two instances of Vensim a lot of the time.

The second one could be done, but would be temporarely, since both models are worked on independently at different at different locations