Disappearing View Contents

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Pruyn

Disappearing View Contents

Post by Pruyn »

FYI. As posed elsewhere, I'm working on business game. I shift a lot between sketch and text editor for convenience. Since I've started Vensim has played a not so funny trick on me.
In my text editor everything is o.k., but when I return to the sketch editor, one view is completely empty. It is not hidden or so, just gone. Luckely all the equations are still present and running the model doesn't cause any problems.
Closing and opening vensim, doesn't solve my problem.
I'm using Vensim DSS32 Version 5.1a in Windows XP.
Most of the modeling is currently done and the last time it happened is a while ago, but still...

Jeroen
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you try inserting a new view and see if the one you are missing appears? There was a bug in Vensim that caused the bottom view to not appear in the list (you could still get to is by pressing the PgDn key).

I know that bug is fixed in the current version (5.3), I just cannot remember which version had the bug.

Tony.
Pruyn

Post by Pruyn »

Mine was a bit different, it was the view below the one I last edited in the Sketch editor. It still appeared in my view list but it only displayed a blank view. But as I said haven't got the problem for a while now, but I will keep you posted if it reappears.