Hydrogen production from agricultural feedstock

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
Arvind Chandrasekar hydrogenx gm

Post by Arvind Chandrasekar hydrogenx gm »

Posted by Arvind Chandrasekar <hydrogenx@gmail.com>
Hi all,

I am working on building a model looking at producing hydrogen by using agricultural waste as a feedstock. This project has several dimensions to it, one of them being the study of how this would have implications in improving rural economies (in the US) where much of the agricultural feedstock is found. Another angle to the problem is price setting for 'green' hydrogen and what impact this might have in the industrial hydrogen industry and/or in the vehicular fuel industry if in the future the hydrogen economy does kick-off.

Is there SD work out there similar to this that I should look into to start with? Other suggestions, feedback and thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Arvind
Posted by Arvind Chandrasekar <hydrogenx@gmail.com>
posting date Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:03:12 -0400
lanhai aed47039 yahoo.com

Post by lanhai aed47039 yahoo.com »

Posted by lanhai <aed47039@yahoo.com>
Hi, Arvind:
Robert Hoffman etc. in WhatIf? Technologies Inc. developed a Canadian Transportation Energy and Emission Model (CANTEEM) which took hydrogen as an alternative energy source for future. The model discussed different paths for hydrogen-generation (including using agricultural waste as a feedstock) and several scenarios have been analyzed. The following linkage gives a brief introduction:

http://www.whatiftechnologies.com/Appli ... ories.html

You may contact with Mr. Hoffman for detail information.

Lanhai
Posted by lanhai <aed47039@yahoo.com>
posting date Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:34:09 -0700 (PDT)
Christian Erik Kampmann cek.mark

Post by Christian Erik Kampmann cek.mark »

Posted by ""Christian Erik Kampmann"" <cek.marktg@cbs.dk> Arvind, I don't have any specific responses to your query but just wanted to point out to you and the general SD community that I am also getting involved in hydrogen. We have just received funding for two Ph.D.'s to look at the business challenges of introducing new hydrogen technologies, specifically a hydrogen ""lawnmower engine"". Compared to your project, our projects are more at the business level than the macro level, though we will employ a business network perspective in understanding the innovation processes involved.

The projects will be part of a large research consortium involving four research institutions and twelve companies in Denmark. I will put an announcement of this on the listserv in a few days (once it has cleared the dean's office).

Christian Erik Kampmann
Associate Professor
Center for Applied Management Studies
Copenhagen Business School
Birk Centerpark 40
DK-7400 Herning
Denmark
Posted by ""Christian Erik Kampmann"" <cek.marktg@cbs.dk> posting date Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:04:05 +0200