QUERY Innovation Dynamics

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
Richard Tait richard.tait med.go

Post by Richard Tait richard.tait med.go »

Posted by ""Richard Tait"" <richard.tait@med.govt.nz> Hi, I am trying to find out whether anyone knows of any publicly available system dynamics modelling work done in relation to an economy-wide 'innovation system.'

Let me elaborate further. I work for a government department in New Zealand that is concerned with policy advice on economic development issues. We are carrying out some work to better understand the nature and dynamics of the economy-wide 'innovation system' in New Zealand. In particular, what are the main drivers of innovation at firm, sector and regional levels and how do the dynamics operate within this system?
What are the important variables and the relationships between them, such as:

* the impact of linkages between private and public sector R&D
activities,

* the effects of clustering or networks amongst firms,

* skills supply/education

* the role of international linkages,

* the impact of government policies.

The goal is to improve understanding, and to identify better leverage points in the system, with a view to optimising government policy in this area. It's a pretty broad brief, but I'd certainly appreciate any pointers towards any available work that might have been done in this area or any of its constituent parts.

Richard Tait
Posted by ""Richard Tait"" <richard.tait@med.govt.nz> posting date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:55:30 +1200
Francisco Perez francisco77pp ya

Post by Francisco Perez francisco77pp ya »

Posted by Francisco Perez <francisco77pp@yahoo.com> What I'd recommend is to search through the SD conference proceedings and SD literature.

Go to http://www.systemdynamics.org

Regards
Francisco

[ Host's Note: There may not have been an announcement on this
list, but last fall there was a concerted effort to make more
conference proceedings available online. Proceedings of all
conferences back to 1997 are now available online. Just click
on ""Society Activities"" from the above web page. The conference
proceedings represent a wide breadth of topics and even though
some of the work is in a preliminary format it is a useful path
path to additional published work. ]

Posted by Francisco Perez <francisco77pp@yahoo.com> posting date Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:17:02 -0700 (PDT)