ANNOUNCE Taylor/Dangerfield awarded 2005 Goodeve Medal

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
""eric wolstenholme""

ANNOUNCE Taylor/Dangerfield awarded 2005 Goodeve Medal

Post by ""eric wolstenholme"" »

Posted by ""eric wolstenholme"" <eric.wolstenholme@symmetricsd.co.uk>
I am sure that members of the list and colleagues throughout the SD world will be delighted to know that Kathy Taylor and Brian Dangerfield have been awarded the 2005 Goodeve Medal by the OR Society in the UK for their paper ""Modelling the feedback effects of reconfiguring health services"" (JORS Vol.
56 pp658-675).

The paper based on Kathy’s doctoral work looks at the impact of moving decisions to offer health care services closer to the patient and has some strong conclusions about improved supply stimulating demand and increasing capacity not being the best way to improving access to services (conclusions close to my own heart).

An interesting postscript is that Brian is now the only non-retired person to hold both the Goodeve & President's Medals of the UK OR Society. The President’s Medal came in 1991, also with an SD paper in JORS (on AIDS modelling).

I am sure you will all join me in offering well deserved congratulations to Kathy and Brian.

Best wishes,

Eric Wolstenholme
Posted by ""eric wolstenholme"" <eric.wolstenholme@symmetricsd.co.uk>
posting date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:10:01 -0000 _______________________________________________