QUERY Process, cost and quality

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
""Patrick, Adam J""

QUERY Process, cost and quality

Post by ""Patrick, Adam J"" »

Posted by ""Patrick, Adam J"" <Adam.Patrick2@Rolls-Royce.com> Asked to investigate into the procurement/development of a tool that allows a planner to define and model activities for cost, schedule and quality and determine the optimum way to meet project and business goals..... basically model our processes that output products and look at cost, schedule and quality and being able to increase/decrease certain processes and seeing the affect on the key outputs..... the remit is a little longer but trying to paraphrase this.

I decided it was probably best to look at a methodology for doing this and then subsequently investigate tools that implement this methodology, and that's when I stumbled upon system dynamics

Doing background research it seems that system dynamics ticks all the right boxes, but before going down a learning path wanted confidence I was in the right ball park.

Hope I have provided enough info.

Any help or pointers appreciated,

Thanks

Adam
Posted by ""Patrick, Adam J"" <Adam.Patrick2@Rolls-Royce.com> posting date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:44:52 -0000 _______________________________________________