ANNOUNCE Student Chapter Newsletter

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
Stefan Grösser

Post by Stefan Grösser »

Posted by Stefan Grösser <stefan.groesser@web.de> Dear members of the System Dynamics List-Server,

On behalf of the Student Chapter, I want to announce that we have recently issued our second newsletter which contains interesting topics about the current and future development of the Student Chapter. You find the newsletter on our website:

http://www.systemdynamics.org/chapters/ ... hapter.htm

We as the young researchers in the field of System Dynamics are, of course, interested in feedback about our activities. Prof. Jay Forrester did an important first step. Thank you very much. We have included his feedback in the newsletter.

Moreover, the Student Chapter has now its own listserve

http://www.systemdynamics.org/mailman/l ... udent-list

All of you are more than welcome to join the list-server and pose your feedback, questions, comments, etc.

Best personal regards,
Stefan Groesser
Phd. Cand, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland Chapter Representative of the Student Chapter of the System Dynamics Society Co-President of the Swiss Chapter of the System Dynamics Society ___________________________________________________________
University of St. Gallen
Institute of Management (IfB-HSG)
Posted by Stefan Grösser <stefan.groesser@web.de> posting date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:48:31 +0100 _______________________________________________
Bob Eberlein

Post by Bob Eberlein »

Posted by Bob Eberlein <bob@vensim.com> Hi Everyone,

That query was, I am afraid, somewhat confusing and the reposnses were even more confusing. I probably should not have posted the original query, and I have decided not to post the reponses.

At the abstract level of variables named S1 and S2 clearly pretty much anything is possible. Without a concrete problem statement there is not much that can be said on most topics.

As far as one varible being used multiple times in a flow equation - difinitevely yes. In Jay Forrester's world model investement depends both on ""population"" and ""capital investment multiplier"" which also depends on popupulation (through two more variables).

The best advice on this is to study as many models as possible, including the classics (everything written by Jay should work) and everything published in the topic area you are working. That gives you the bounds on what has been done. As far as what is possible - anything - you just need to be able to demonstrate that it makes sense.

Bob Eberlein
Posted by Bob Eberlein <bob@vensim.com> posting date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 06:55:35 -0500 _______________________________________________