ANNOUNCE Mailing list formatting

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
Bob Eberlein <bob@vensim.com&

ANNOUNCE Mailing list formatting

Post by Bob Eberlein <bob@vensim.com& »

Posted by Bob Eberlein <bob@vensim.com>

Hi Everyone,

A number of people have mentioned that the new from headers do not seem useful. I tend to agree. A problem with the old headers was that using reply seemed to be sending a message to a person, when in fact it was going to the list.

I have changed this in two ways. First the from header will be the name of the person sending the message prefixed by SDMAIL to indicate it is from the list. Second, replying to the message will send an email to the person sending, not the list.

To reply to the list use Reply All. When you do that you may want to delete the poster's address from the To: line or they will receive two copies of the message, one directly and one through the list.

I hope this works better then the old labeling.

Bob Eberlein
Posted by Bob Eberlein <bob@vensim.com> posting date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:24:38 -0500 _______________________________________________