ANNOUNCE System Dynamics Talent Show

This forum contains all archives from the SD Mailing list (go to http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/ for more information). This is here as a read-only resource, please post any SD related questions to the SD Discussion forum.
""Andrew Jones"" <apjones1@be

ANNOUNCE System Dynamics Talent Show

Post by ""Andrew Jones"" <apjones1@be »

Posted by ""Andrew Jones"" <apjones1@bellsouth.net>

Dear System Dynamicists:

This year's SDS conference in Boston
http://www.systemdynamics.org/conferenc ... /index.htm
will feature the first ever ""System Dynamics Talent Show.""

I'm writing to encourage you, first, to attend the conference and, second, to prepare an entry into this likely talent-less but wildly enjoyable session.

Entries could be any sort of System-Dynamics-themed performance art that can happen in less than about 5 minutes: a SD song, poem, joke, dance, painting, martial arts demo, one-act play, etc. Small groups encouraged.

Rumor has it that:
- Pal Davidson is preparing a violin interpretation of the appendices of Industrial Dynamics.
- Graham Winch will dance a ballet of the Market Growth model.
- John Sterman will juggle four copies of Business Dynamics while reciting its bibliography from memory.
- Bob Eberlein thinks he can do the best Jay Forrester imitation. Is he right?

But seriously, several colleagues and I have been re-writing the words to rock-and-roll songs and will sing them (very poorly) with guitar back-up.
The latest idea (by Jack Homer): a new KISS song ""I Wanna Stock and Flow ALL NIGHT and Make Loop Every Day..."".

People flying in: there will be a guitar you can use. Other instruments possibly available.

Once again, TALENT OPTIONAL.

Please email me to reserve a spot in show. Feel free to email with questions.

Drew Jones
apjones@sustainer.org

Andrew Jones
Sustainability Institute
8 Lynmar Avenue
Asheville, NC 28804
Posted by ""Andrew Jones"" <apjones1@bellsouth.net> posting date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:16:38 -0500 _______________________________________________