Installation Problems

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
jakejacobson
Vensim version: PLE

Installation Problems

Post by jakejacobson »

I downloaded the 64 bit version of Ventity but it installed it in the Program Files (x86) directory (usually reserved for 32bit software).
Everything runs okay but it looks for the help file in the Program Files directory. This is not a big problem just a note to you to look at the
installation.
rdudley

Re: Installation Problems w help

Post by rdudley »

I also installed the 64 bit version. The folder holding the help file is named Ventity (beta) but the program seems to be looking for a folder named Ventity. I changed the folder name and the help system works.... so far.
R. G. Dudley
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Re: Installation Problems

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi Richard

Thank you for the tip. It works too for the 32 version.

I had tried to do the same, but i could not find the ProgramData repertory. In fact it is read only and hidden.
To access it, i had to write down the adress in the 'look for' window. Once one accesses the ProgramData repertory it is easy to modify the name of the
Ventity (Beta) repertory into Ventity.

Best regards.

JJ
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

We'll fix the paths and release a new build as soon as everyone's back from the conference.
robertm
Vensim version: PLE

Post by robertm »

What is the URL for downloading Ventity? I signed up as an early adopter with launchrock back in Nov 2014, but do not seem to have received any download link.

Thanks,
Robert
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

We haven't posted it widely yet, but I'll PM it to you. You should have received a link in an email from ventity.biz - I'll check to be sure you're on the list.