Mortality rates in a cohort model depending on creation time of the cohort

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
moudi
Vensim version: DSS

Re: Mortality rates in a cohort model depending on creation time of the cohort

Post by moudi »

Hi

I implemented a most basic structure including incidence of coronary heart disease and incidence of high blood pressure (no real figures, only piping and plumbing). This model would work. However, the question is if from a programming point of view there is a serious concern against this solution?

Best regards
CohortPopGroups3 fixup mortality group basic.zip
(27.33 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
venacar
Vensim version: PLE

Post by venacar »

moundi, thank you for your model. It is very useful and it helped me a lot. You should have a lot of knowledges to use all codes just like playing an easy game
moudi

Post by moudi »

Hi

A model has been created where as suggested above the mortality rates of each cohort with CHD depend a) on the age of the cohort and b) on the time since the event. Two models are uploaded here. In the second model (Test Group Cohort1r) the cohorts are deleted if population falls below a minimum value, in the first model (Test Group Cohort1q), this element has not been included. The first model (1q) behaves smoothly towards the end of the simulation period, whereas the second one (1r) shows irregularities and even wrong behavior.
I would be very happy to receive a hint, what the problem could be with the second model.

Best regards
Test Group Cohort1q.zip
(23.98 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
Test Group Cohort1r.zip
(25.41 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
moudi

Post by moudi »

I realized only recently that in the models presented above, there was an error. I post two models here (Test Group Cohort 1m; Test Group Cohort 1n), where the second builds on the first. In the second model "Incidence Rate CHD" is the inflow to "Head Cohort with CHD
Population with CHD". The first model seems to be OK, while the second model shows a number of warnings. It happens that "Head Cohort with CHD" can be empty, and therefore a problem with a reference arises.

Two questions: a) is the problem present already in the first model, but did not play a role? a) How to address the problem?

Best regards and thanks
Test Group Cohort1m.zip
(19.28 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Test Group Cohort1n.zip
(21.23 KiB) Downloaded 425 times