Problem with reference

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
moudi
Vensim version: DSS

Problem with reference

Post by moudi »

Hi

I want to create a simple test model which should provide a preliminary step towards a more complex issue for the cohort modelling. It seems that I have a Problem with a reference (or with the Trigger). This model should do the following: Create new CHD cohorts (in the CHD cohort entity) with a fixed amount of persons, if incidence rate CHD is positive (in the Population entity). The trigger does not work properly, and I assume that a reference is missing (see the attached model). Later, this incidence rate should equal the Initial value of the newly created cohorts.

For the CHD cohort model I would like to have the following: In each cohort (say 1950, male, Hypertension), a new subcohort should be created, if incidence CHD is positive. Creation time of this subcohort thus corresponds to "time of coronary event". Through this I assume that I should be able to have a) Information about the age of the person (member of a specific cohort) and b) about the time since the coronary Event. This is important, because the mortality rates depend strongly on the time since the coronary Event.

What do you think? Is this a reasonable Approach? And feasible? Or would you suggest other Solutions?

Thanks and regards
Test action6.zip
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Problem with reference

Post by tomfid »

The problem is just that "Invoker" is a reserved word. Change it to "caller" or "invoculator" or whatever, and it runs.