multiple variables in sliders

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
apmoorepa
Vensim version: DSS

multiple variables in sliders

Post by apmoorepa »

Thanks for the upgrades in the new 2.0.1 release! I noticed in the graphic in the release announcement that the Resources multi-slider has several variables listed. I have never been able to use the multi-slider for more than one variable. Is that possible? I had been a assuming that was just a limitation of the current release, but the graphic suggests that you can do that. Can you provide guidance on how to add more variables to a multi-slider? Thanks!
tomfid
Administrator

Re: multiple variables in sliders

Post by tomfid »

Hi -

The slider shown has multiple entities for one variable, which is a function of the input data.

Extending the slider control to include multiple variables is on the todo list. We'll be discussing priorities after the holidays, so I'll bump this up a notch.

Tom
apmoorepa
Vensim version: DSS

Post by apmoorepa »

Oh yes, I see how that works now. My model has numerous model parameters, so handling multiple variables on a single multi-slider bar would significantly improve my model interface. Thanks for considering in a future update!
apm

Post by apm »

Have you decided on when you’ll implement multiple variables in a single slider?
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

No, but I'll bump up the priority on the related interface tickets.