About vensim graph

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
lynchyml

About vensim graph

Post by lynchyml »

Vvensim graph can show 6 varibles once,what are we going to do if we want to show 8 or 10 varibles in a graph

[Edited on 9-16-2009 by lynchyml]

[Edited on 9-16-2009 by lynchyml]
Attachments
vensim graph.rar
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

The custom graph dialog editor only has 6 slots for variables. To show more you will need to edit the .vgd file directly (not supported in PLE or PLE Plus). See Chapter 15 of the reference manual for details.

Alternatively simply select all the variables you want to see and use the graph tool on the toolbar.
lynchyml

Post by lynchyml »

thank you!

the variables are in different views, so I can not use the second measure
lynchyml

Post by lynchyml »

I just reade chapter15 of the referenc manual for details, but I still a little confused, I am expecting a detail measure ?

thx a lot!
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

I am afraid I didn't understand you question, but you can put variables together in a view using the Shadow Variable tool which might be easier than editing the .vgd file directly.
lynchyml

Post by lynchyml »

thank you for your reply.

put variables together in a view is an effective way,but I still want to know how to editing the .vgd file directly.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

To edit the .vgd on the graphs tab of the control panel click Save>As then use a text editor you like (Vensim's if you like) and modify the file according to the rules in Chap 15 of the Reference Manual). - Again only for Pro/DSS.