Letters

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Steven

Letters

Post by Steven »

Can anybody tell me, how you can change the letters in a Vensim Models? I want to change from small to big and otherwise!
Thanks a lot!

Steven
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Three ways:

- right-click on any variable or comment on the model diagram to bring up a settings dialog with font controls

- select variables, then use the bottom toolbar buttons (with no variables selected, these change the sketch defaults)

- use the Tools>Options... menu to change font defaults

Tom
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

If you mean upper and lower case just click on the Var tool, then click on the variable name and enter it the way you want it to appear. If you are working in text mode you will need to use something like search and replace. When Vensim encounters a variable it uses the capitalization of the first occurrence.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yes I was talking about upper and lower case! Sorry for that! The rest is no problem!
How can I do this with search and replace! I can't find anything in the toolbars!
Thanks!
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

If you're using an advanced version, you can do search & replace in text view or an external editor, though it may be cumbersome. The free editor Notepad++ has a nice feature (on the TextFX menu) for converting text case; I think it would work well if you want to make blanket changes to your model without disturbing the validity of the equations.

Tom
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Actually there is a function Edit>Modify Names to make wholesale changes in sketch mode, but I just tried this and it does not work for changing case mix, something that should be supported.