Unable to complete file write

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Kawika
Vensim version: DSS

Unable to complete file write

Post by Kawika »

Hi all,
After running Gokan Dogan's wonderful matlab script for creating vensim cmd files that execute bootstrap estimation for parameter confidence intervals I've run into a strange problem with Vensim. The model that I executed the .cmd files on is now unable to be simulated. When I run a synth-the-sim simulation with that model everything looks okay... but if I try to change the value of any constants I get an error that says "Unable to complete file write - disk may be full." This error does not occur with any of my other models, and renaming the model that is broken does not help. I've stripped out the simulation control menus to get back to the basics, and I've gone through all the settings I can think of, but vensim still doesn't want to save any model runs from synth the sim. Here is the text from the cmd file:

SPECIAL>LOADMODEL|Insurance Model Thesis Bootstrap.mdl
SIMULATE>RUNNAME|insurance_nonparam_btstrp1|o
SIMULATE>OPTPARM|Ins_Boot.voc
SIMULATE>PAYOFF|Ins_Boot.vpd
SIMULATE>DATA|insurance_bootstrap_premiums_1.vdf
SIMULATE>ADDDATA|insurance_bootstrap_claims_1.vdf
SIMULATE>ADDDATA|insurance_bootstrap_profit_1.vdf
SIMULATE>MINMEM|1
MENU>RUN_OPTIMIZE|o
SPECIAL>CLEARRUNS|3

Essentially the file is just that text repeated several hundred times. Any help you could provide about why my model might be acting up, or how I could recover the equations and variables would be greatly appreciated.

Kawika
Kawika
Vensim version: DSS

Re: Unable to complete file write

Post by Kawika »

After I ran a new calibration optimization run the problem cleared up.