Sensitivity simulation - changing the file output format

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
EstebanD
Vensim version: DSS

Sensitivity simulation - changing the file output format

Post by EstebanD »

Hello,

I am using version 6.3E and I am thinking of migrating to version 10. I am testing the sensitivity function.

I wonder if I can set the format of the files I get at the end of the sensitivity simulation with version 10.

In version 6.3E, I get a .tab file where the first line is the simulation number, the second the variable used for sensitivity and the following lines are the variables selected in the savelist file with their values for each simulation.

In version 10, three files are created:
-A .cin file named "*_fp_err"
-A vdfx file containing all the results of the sensitivity simulation (which can be quite a large file, around 1.1 GB in my case)
-A .tab file named "*_sens_trace" which is similar to the file obtained from version 6.3E, except that the variables are in columns rather than rows.

I joined some samples
myfile_Vensim10__sens_trace.xlsx
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
myfile_Vensim6.3E.xlsx
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
. I have the following questions:
1/Is it possible to obtain a "*_sens_trace" file with variables in columns?
2/Can we select which file we want to obtain? For instance, only the "*_sens_trace" file.
3/About the .cin file, I suppose it is an error log, but what type of errors are highlighted? I only see variables equal to a specific value, but I do not know what that means.
4/How do I convert a "*_sens_trace" .tab file in a vdfx file?

Thank you for your reply.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Sensitivity simulation - changing the file output format

Post by Administrator »

EstebanD wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 pm 1/Is it possible to obtain a "*_sens_trace" file with variables in columns?
Not any more. You can easily do what you need in Excel though.
EstebanD wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 pm3/About the .cin file, I suppose it is an error log, but what type of errors are highlighted? I only see variables equal to a specific value, but I do not know what that means.
The FP means floating point error. During your sensitivity, you had some floating point errors. If you run the sim with the FP CIN file, it will recreate the error so you can fix it.
EstebanD wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:54 pm4/How do I convert a "*_sens_trace" .tab file in a vdfx file?
Sorry, I don't understand what you want to do here.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559