Vensim-Integration-with-External-Applications

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
ashishdfz1
Vensim version: PLE

Vensim-Integration-with-External-Applications

Post by ashishdfz1 »

Hi all,

In the Vensim picture given below, I am designing simulation based on below conditions
1. RIVER1 is filling water into DAM with a RATE R1
2. RIVER2 is filling water into DAM with a RATE R2
3. DAM is supplying water to CANAL1 with a RATE R3
4. DAM is supplying water to CANAL2 with a RATE R4
5. Rates of Inflow R1 and R2 will be supplied by IoT system based of current weather data, means, Rate R1 and R2 are dynamic, will get change every hour by IoT system.
6. Based on the Rate R1 and R2 we will make simulation and detect how soon DAM will fill and we need to adjust OUTFLOW Rates R3 and R4.

PROBLEM:
- How I can achieve this objective to supply this data ( Rates R1, R2, R3 and R4) to Vensim Model dynamically (as they are changing every hour) to generate simulations?
- Is there any API functionality in Vensim to talk to external automated systems ? If yes, which version have it and where I can find more information ?

Please find the attachment for Stock and flow image attached as "River-DAM-Canal-Model.png"
Attachments
River-DAM-Canal-Model.png
River-DAM-Canal-Model.png (111.17 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Vensim-Integration-with-External-Applications

Post by Administrator »

ashishdfz1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 pm- How I can achieve this objective to supply this data ( Rates R1, R2, R3 and R4) to Vensim Model dynamically (as they are changing every hour) to generate simulations?
You would need Vensim PLE+, Pro or DSS to link to external data. One way you can do it in PLE is to use a lookup table.
ashishdfz1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 pm- Is there any API functionality in Vensim to talk to external automated systems ? If yes, which version have it and where I can find more information ?
You would probably need Vensim DSS. With DSS, you can write functions in C/C++ to talk to other applications. Linking to ODBC data sources is also possible in DSS.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559