compare runs grahically

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
MartinNT

compare runs grahically

Post by MartinNT »

Hey!
I would like to compare multiple runs on the same graph. however at the moment i can only do it for a single variable unsing the graph tool. isn't there a way to do it for several different variables?
If not, is it possible to zoom when making graphs with the graph tool? i would like to enlarge the "critical area" of my graph so that differences can be seen clearly.

hope somebody can help :)

thanx
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

You can create a custom graph with multiple variables from multiple runs, but if the number of runs is more than 2 it just gets confusing.

To zoom hold down the shift key and drag over the time range you want to zoom in on then crerate the graph again - you can also use the control panel - Time Bounds.
MartinNT

Post by MartinNT »

thanx for you quick answer bob.:)
i can create custom graphs with multiple variables in the control panel, but the graph only displays data for one run even though 2 runs are loaded.
With the graph tool button in the left of the screen, i can create graphs for multiple runs but only for one variable. Also, for these graphs it i can not zoom.
Hope u have some suggestions.
Martin
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

In the customer graph editor you need to specify what run you want to get the variable from in the dataset field. Blank is the first loaded run *2 for the second *3 the third and so on. You can also use explicit names. See Chapter 15 of the reference manual for details.

For zooming see "Selecting a Time Range" in chapter 13 of the reference manual.
MartinNT

Post by MartinNT »

it doesnt seem possible to use the graph option in the PLE version, but i appreciate ur help anyway.

martin