Too many (32766) loops - truncating to 8000

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
gursharn

Too many (32766) loops - truncating to 8000

Post by gursharn »

I am using Vensim 5.5d. I have a complex use and cause diagram.

When I select a variable and click on Loops button. I get 'Too many (32766) loops - truncating to 8000' error. As my diagram is complex, I am expecting more than 30000 loops.

I want to see all loops and do not want them to be truncated to 8000 by vensim. Is it possible to view all loops in vensim?
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

too many loops

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

The software is right, when it says that there are too many loops for only one variable, at least to list them, because the model may still run correctly.
Anyhow, what is the interest to list them, because I would like to know the method you will follow to analyze all these loops!
Regards.
Jean-Jacques Laublé
gursharn

why listing too many loops

Post by gursharn »

Well, I have a small set of variables (filtering set). I will be picking only those loops that contains any variable from that small set. Also, I might take the loop length into account (possibly discarding too small or too length loops).

The software should give option to save loops in a text file, if it can not display all of them.

Originally posted by LAUJJL
Hi

The software is right, when it says that there are too many loops for only one variable, at least to list them, because the model may still run correctly.
Anyhow, what is the interest to list them, because I would like to know the method you will follow to analyze all these loops!
Regards.
Jean-Jacques Laublé
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

too manay loops

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

Can you post your model, so we can all see what your model is looking like. Maybe we can help if we can see it.
Regards.
JJ
gursharn

model is confidential

Post by gursharn »

Hi

The model I have created is confidential and can not be disclosed.

I would like to know if it is possible to view/save more than 30000 loops in Vensim?

How many loops will be considered good for a model having variables in range of 25-30?

Regards
Gursharn
Originally posted by LAUJJL
Hi

Can you post your model, so we can all see what your model is looking like. Maybe we can help if we can see it.
Regards.
JJ
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Loops are sorted by length. I really can't imagine there is much information in loops that are as long as the 8001st loop is - the 8000 limit was put in because the output was not useable.

I would recommend that you analyze the loops that are reported, and let us know if you think having yet longer loops displayed would be helpful.