Project

Use this forum to discuss any issues relating to Systems Dynamics and Systems Thinking.
balucci

Project

Post by balucci »

Hi there..
i`m a new member in this Forum and i hope i can really get some help from here. I`m currently studying Operations Research and i am in my last year now. We have to find a graduation project , so i`ve been looking around since a very long time, but i didn`t find anything suitable. My interest filed is System Dynamics, but i don`t have something particular in mind. So i would really appreciate it if someone had some ideas of a project in the area of System Dynamics.
Thank you very much
Hope for ur replies.
Sarah
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Project

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi Sarah

It is not difficult to find a project.
Just look around you.
For a project to exists it has to have at least a state that can evoluate thought the time. This is the characteristic of approximately everything around you.
Why not model your own problems?
Or the problems of a friend.
If it is your own problems you still may say that it is your friend's to protect your intimity.
You can find all sorts of levels and their policy and goals.
Example of stocks: the number of your friends (if you intend to marry) the number of your relations if you intend to find a job, your capacity and your level if you are interest in a field like sport that will evoluate with the time you spend practising.
The advantage of such a project is that it may help you personnaly, may more motivate you and will be more interesting to listen to by your examinators then a too much heard and boring backlog and inventory case.
An example of such a personal model is the 'my dog ate my homework' example in Sterman's business dynamic's page 167.
Regards.
J.J. Laublé