detect times for specific var values

Use this forum to discuss any issues relating to Systems Dynamics and Systems Thinking.
vainsim

detect times for specific var values

Post by vainsim »

Hi,

Hope this is not an inappropriate place to ask this question. I am developing this model where a certain response is required at transition events. For instance, each time water level in a tank falls below 50% of its capacity, I need to generate a request for a delivery. We can also think of this problem thus: a variable produces a pulse train, and we need to detect the times when the variable transitions from 0 to 1. The point to note is that, I need to do this for an arbitrary number of times, not just once.

What it boils down to is this: I need to be able to detect and record the time when a variable reaches a specific value, or falls below a certain threshold. This feature would be very helpful for many other scenarios that I frequently come across. Any helpful ideas/techniques will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
MR

[Edited on 31-3-2006 by vainsim]
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

time event

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

Here is joined a simplistic model that changes the event variable to 1 if the level crosses the value of 0, otherwise is kept to 0.
Regards.
JJ
Attachments
time_event.mdl
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
vainsim

Thanks

Post by vainsim »

LAUJJL,

A very big thank you for that detailed model explaining how you record previous times. The logic is sweet. Enormously grateful for your help.

Cheers
MR