Wine tips?

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Bill Harris

Wine tips?

Post by Bill Harris »

Anyone here with tips for using Vensim under Wine more effectively? Here are some of the problems I've seen:
  1. If I print a diagram, the arrows change position wildly from what's on the screen, so I have to resort to screenshots.
  2. You have to add the .mdl to the end of a model name to save it successfully.
  3. The + or - loop annotation prints as a filled-in square.
  4. The Help window lacks a close button in the title bar.
    [/list=A]

If you've got a special recipe to fed to Wine that makes it happier and are willing to share, I'd be grateful. I'm using Ubuntu 8.10. I did see that someone reported Vensim as working under Arch Linux, but he didn't test Help, and, if he didn't print, he wouldn't have seen my other problems.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Harris

Post by Bill Harris »

In the hopes that _someone_ else uses Vensim under Wine, I'll ask another question. In the process, I may discover what it means to see that this posting has -2 replies (or did before I posted this one -- perhaps it will go to -1).

When you install Vensim under Wine on a Gnome system (I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid, but I first installed Vensim when running Hardy), did Vensim show up as a menu pick under Applications > Wine > Programs? It does not on my system, but iThink does, and I thought I did the same thing on each -- simply run the installer. If you know how to make that happen, I'd like to know.