Opening PLE PLUS files in DSS

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
karankhosla

Opening PLE PLUS files in DSS

Post by karankhosla »

Dear Bob,

I am trying to open files in DSS that I created in PLE Plus but I get the following error:"unable to change directory to \.psf\Home\Desktop\.psf\Home\Desktop\."

Any suggestions?

Best Karan
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Does the model still open ok?

And does the model come from a different computer?

Tony.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I sometimes get this message when I have a backup path set up in Vensim (eg, \backup). If I then copy the model to a different drive that does not have a \backup directory, the error will appear.

The model should still open ok, but obviously no backup will be made when it opens.

Tony.
karankhosla

Post by karankhosla »

Dear Tony, Bob,

Unfortunately the models do not open in DSS; however, if I open them in PLE PLUS I have no issues. The models were created in PLE PLUS on the same computer, same path.

Perhaps I should remove PLE PLUS?

Best

Karan
karankhosla

Post by karankhosla »

I can't save either I get the message "Bad Directory\.psf\Home\Desktop\.psf\Home\Desktop\."
karankhosla

Post by karankhosla »

Problem Solved: I am running Vensim via Windows XP in Parallels on OS X. For some reason I can only load and save files in DSS from the root directory of the XP virtual drive; this means that Parallels Desktop won't allow Vensim DSS to modify files on the OS X desktop.

Best Wishes,

Karan

[Edited on 7-16-2009 by karankhosla]
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Hi Karan,

PLE Plus and DSS use the same file management so if there is any difference it is because you are using different versions of the two configurations.