Model Notes not working properly in 5.11

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
paulnewton

Model Notes not working properly in 5.11

Post by paulnewton »

I just now installed DSS 5.11. Using Windows 7. In previous versions model notes showed completely in one "Message from Vensim" window upon opening a model. In 5.11, the model notes show one line at a time in multiple "Message from Vensim" windows, a new one of which opens each time you click "OK" on the previous message window. This makes it very difficult to comprehend the model notes. I first noticed this problem in a meeting yesterday when a colleague opened my model with model notes, but didn't know why. Today, after installing 5.11, myself, the same thing is happening to me, so the problem has been replicated on two machines, both 5.11 on Win 7.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Model Notes not working properly in 5.11

Post by Administrator »

Thanks for the bug report, I'll raise it to hopefully get it fixed in the next version.

Tony.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
paulnewton

Post by paulnewton »

Thanks! I have been using the model notes feature for years to track changes from one model version to the next. At work, there are five or six of us who collaborate on modeling and calibration on a given project, and I was just beginning to get others to use model notes as a way of communicating changes in versions of models that we pass back and forth over the course of model development and testing. It is very handy to have the model notes pop up in one window when one opens a model. The multiple windows popping open in 5.11 will make this much less readable and less valuable. Thanks for planning to get it fixed asap. I've relied on this feature for many years, and was on the cusp of getting others to use it.
paulnewton

Post by paulnewton »

Tony, I just used "Model Compare" last night for the first time in a while (first time since installing 5.11). The two models were exactly the same, but the message telling me this was split across a first message window, on which I clicked OK, and then got a second message window completing the notification that the two models were not different. These two windows are similar to my earlier reporting of multiple message windows being displayed to show model notes. Therefore I suspect the problem in the two instances has the same origin in the code. Just wanted to let you know.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

We've rolled back the change that caused this - should be available in 5.11a soon.