dll and vensim

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

ManuelM

dll and vensim

Post by ManuelM »

Hello,
i'm trying to use dlls of Vensim 3 under WinXP. I first tried it with visualWork7nc with no succes since Vensim commands just don't work. I then tried the vendll.xls example supplied with the vensim3.0 software. Alltough I correctly renamed vendll32.dll file, I put the vensim.ini at the right place and I modified the paths in vendll.xls, it also didn't work and when calling vensim commands I still get 0 as result. Could you give me any advice? I was told that I should maybe modify the MDL.BAT file but in which way? Idon't know!
Thanks in advance, Manuel
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you e-mail me what you have? I should be able to spot very quickly if there is anything wrong.

Tony.
ManuelM

Post by ManuelM »

thank you for your answer.
Here is the .xls file I use. Please let me know if you want me to send you additional information.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Thanks.

Just an initial observation, you say you modified the paths in the spreadsheet, but in the version you uploaded, only the first command a path different from the rest.

I think it would probably be best to e-mail me directly and send me the model, spreadsheet and the DLL you are using.

Tony.
ManuelM

dll and Vensim

Post by ManuelM »

Hello Tony,
here are the files I use. Good luck,
Manuel

ps : I corrected the paths of the Manu.xls file that effectively were wrong (shame on me!)