problem with a small model

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

problem with a small model

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

I have a model that behaves differently when one uses a simple simulation setting a parameter value with the set button, or is on uses the synthesim modifying the parameter value using its slider.

I have included the model in vpmx format and two runs;

the first run named current has the parameter 'pression fixe' set to 0.15. And can be reproduced setting the parameter to 0.15 with an ordinary simulation.
the second run named sys_current has the same parameter set to 0.15 but with the slider. It can be reproduced using the synthesim sliding the parameter value to 0.15.

Both runs when compared have no differences in parameter values but have a different value for 'probabilité d'acceptation de la demande en simulation'

Rather strangely if before using the synthesim one sets the pression fixe to 0.15 and then one enters the synthesim, both runs have the same results, but as soon as one moves the slider, the results of the synthesim becomes wrong.

Any idea?

Best regards.

JJ

PS: it is impossible to attach a file with the extension vpmx, i have then attached the ,mdl version and the two files.
Attachments
sys_current.vdfx
(27 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
current.vdfx
(27 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
test.mdl
(4.3 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Re: problem with a small model

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

Joined three workarounds that seem to work correctly. i prefer the test3 or the test4 that are safer. the test 2 works but i am not sure in all circumstances.

Best

JJ
Attachments
test4.mdl
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
test3.mdl
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
test2.mdl
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 91 times