Legends display in W2000 environment

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

bkruger@iafrica.com
Vensim version: DSS

Legends display in W2000 environment

Post by bkruger@iafrica.com »

I am encountering problems with the display of legends for the position setting 'above' and 'below' in the MSWindows 2000 OS environment.

The legends only display after a reboot - which I discovered the morning after! - and will vanish again as soon as a new run is recorded.

Any work-arounds available?
:(
Lee Jones

Post by Lee Jones »

Sable uses TChart, a 3rd party graphics package. If the run name/parameter name combo is too long to be displayed in the legend, then the legend itself is not displayed. Try making the legend font smaller or giving the legend more space (make the graph wider). Alternatively, use a Vensim graph?
bkruger@iafrica.com

No, the size is not the problem, I checked that first off. Positioning by customising the legend placement makes no difference either. A custom graph will not do either, I need multiple traces!

I could reboot and go have a beer though!! :(
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

There should be no problems under windows 2000.

Can you send me an example (Tony@ventanasystems.co.uk)
bkruger@iafrica.com

By a process of re-booting I have finalised the layout and configuration of the specific graph - and exhausted my supply of cold beer! As long as I do not effect any change to the layout the legend appears to be permanent where I want it.

When time allows I will try and re-construct the situation in a simple GUI and send it. Thanks meanwhile for the support!
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

This is not an error. The legend position has been set as custom. In this case, it is fixed in position, as the graph size increases or legend size increases, some of it is drawn off the canvas.

Hope this helps,

Tony.
bkruger@iafrica.com

The legend behaviour in question is not altered by either of the two options. Auto setting makes no difference to the disappearing act - it was set to custom to enable accurate sizing and positioning of the graph and legend.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Does the legend disappear completly?
bkruger@iafrica.com

Sorry for the delay!
The legend disappears completely from the frame whenever a dataset is added to the graph - either by adding it using the button command or by inintiating a simulation run.

The legend literally does a disappearing act - it vanishes, even though the graph size is fixed and enough space is available for display.

On re-initiation - with the new dataset included - the legend will be present! :(