Position of mini screens

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

drees

Position of mini screens

Post by drees »

In positioning mini screens it seems as though they position themselves to the total screen rather than the Sable screen. I'm builidng an interface sized to 1024X768. When I open it up, using the runtime on another computer, with a different size screen from the one I developed it on, the mini screens do not appear on the page where I originally placed them. Is there a way of getting mini screens to position themselves to the Sable screen rather than the full computer screen?

Thanks David
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

At the moment mini screens resize by the same factor as main screens. They also move left/right/up/down depending on that factor as well.

If you can email me some pics of what you are expecting I can experiment a bit to see if I can do something.

Tony.
drees

Post by drees »

Tony

So if mini screens take their postion from the main screen not the Sable screen I'll need to take that into account in setting their positiin in the developer. So, that leads to the next question. If I've designed it to fit a screen size of 1024X 768 what are the rules that apply to the position of the Sable runtime when it opens. I hope I'm making myself clear. My thinking is that If I know the position on the screen that the Sable runtime will open I can position my mini screens accordingly. Or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?

Thanks for your response

David
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I'll try and run through the logic. The idea is that mini screens will be in a relatively similar location to where they were at development time.

In developer, you set the screen size and also if it is to resize on a larger/smaller screen at runtime.

Main screens.
Now in Sable Runtime, the project screen size is compared to the actual screen. If the height or width are different (and the developer has selected to resize), x and y scale factors are calculated. The window opens full screen, and all controls x/y position and height/width are multiplied by the scale factor.

Mini screens.
These open in a similar way. The scale factors calculated when the project opened are used to resize the mini, but also calculate a new screen position. This position is
x_or_y_from_dev_screen - ( scale_factor - 1 ) * x_or_y_from_dev_screen.

I can easily change the logic, but what is there now seems to work well for most screen sizes (and for resizing on both larger and smaller displays).

Tony.

[Edited on 4-8-2010 by Administrator]