Controlling which runs are displayed in Tables and Graphs

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

Martin_Schaffernicht
Vensim version: DSS

Controlling which runs are displayed in Tables and Graphs

Post by Martin_Schaffernicht »

Hi,

This is the first time I try to use the Sable Tables and Graphs, and I have trouble with the runs (".vdf" files).

I have a “packaged model” published from a vensim model file. When publishing, I excluded the “current.vdf” file.
In Sable, on starting a game, the “current.vdf” file is generated in the “model” subfolder. The input and output fiels work OK, however: the “table” and “graph” controls lso displayed the “current.vdf” file from the original Vensim model (which I derived the game from).

When I delete the “current.vdf” file in the other directory, (of course) the symptom disappears; however, after executing the original simulation, (of course) a new “current.vdf” has been written. Therefore simply deleting the bothering file is not a solution.

When I use the “Menu>Load_Run” command, I can select the “current.vdf” from the Model subfolder, and in this case, the symptom disappears. However, if I use the “SIMULATE>RUNNAME|?” and create, saya n “aaa” runname, then I have both (“aaa.vdf” and “current.vdf”) in the tables and the graphs. I’ve used the dialog invoked by the “Menu>Load_Run” command to unload and then delete der “aaa.vdf” file; however, even though it momentaily disappeared from the dialog box, the underlying file was not deleted, and therefore the tables and graphs continued to display both runs. It only went away when I deleted the file from the folder (Windows).

I suppose I did something wrong, but I don’t know what it is. I’d appreciate if someone can explain it to me or point me at an explanation in some documentation.

Thanks,

Martin Schaffernicht
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Controlling which runs are displayed in Tables and Graph

Post by Administrator »

I cannot really follow what you are doing here. Can you post/email the project with instructions on how to use it?
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
Martin_Schaffernicht

Hi,

thanks for reading, and sorry if I'm not understandable. I attached a ZIP version of the files (
Files.zip
(241.56 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
).
It's basically in Spanish (I work in Chile).

-At the root level, there is the original model ("Gobernator_spanish 3") from which I derived the game, plus the directory "LaCadena".
--In there, the model "LaCadena" (it's a copy of the above model, I only changed the name of the file) and the directory "LaCadena_Juego" ("juego" = game).
---In the game -"LaCadena_Juego.vpm"-, there would be only one "gaming" variable, otherwise nothing changed. Then there is the directory "LaCadena_el_juego" (generated by Sable), with the project file and its own sub-directories.

When you open the project file, the screen looks like in the screenshot below:
Screenshot of the main screen
Screenshot of the main screen
problem_screen.jpg (245.43 KiB) Viewed 11342 times
In the graph, there are two datasets, one in red (this one is OK), the other in green (and I want to get rid of it): it belongs to the "Gobernator_spanish 3"-model, and I do not understand why the graph component displays it.

I hope this is becoming understandable.

Martin Schaffernicht
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I see.

When you published, did you have any runs currently loaded? If yes, try unloading them within Vensim and re-publishing.

When published, a model retains a link to the runs that were loaded (and so they will appear in the graphs if the run is on disk). When I run the project, I don't see the green line.

You could also try running a SPECIAL>CLEARRUNS| as an activation command on the screen. That way, any existing runs would be unloaded when the project loads.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
Martin_Schaffernicht

Thanks a lot,
now I understand and it worked!

Martin