Divide a variable into few variables

Use this forum to discuss any issues relating to Systems Dynamics and Systems Thinking.
husnafezaahmad
Vensim version: DSS

Divide a variable into few variables

Post by husnafezaahmad »

Hello team,

Here i am again. I don't know how to thank you guys in helping me out to complete my model tho :wink:

Anyway, i have one question here. It's regarding on a variable that i want to divide it into few other variable. I don't know if this make sense in SD or, if it even doable, but i'm trying my luck here. I really hope to any recommendation or solution.

Attached is the submodel that i have in my model. What i have there is an additional generation which later i divided it into 4 technologies, the coal, gas, hydro as well as RE, according to their generation mix.

What i'm trying to do now is, to divide each technology's generation into a smaller plant. Let say, for "hydro gen", after considering their generation mix, in Year 5, they are going to generate 8077MW. And this 8077MW should be divided into few small generation. I know, what i can do is just put a ratio for that. But what bothers me is, when it comes to Year 6, the value might be increasing or decreasing. So, how can i overcome that?

Hope to hear from u guys.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 22.47.59.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 22.47.59.png (126.04 KiB) Viewed 7163 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Divide a variable into few variables

Post by Administrator »

husnafezaahmad wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:13 pmWhat i'm trying to do now is, to divide each technology's generation into a smaller plant. Let say, for "hydro gen", after considering their generation mix, in Year 5, they are going to generate 8077MW. And this 8077MW should be divided into few small generation. I know, what i can do is just put a ratio for that. But what bothers me is, when it comes to Year 6, the value might be increasing or decreasing. So, how can i overcome that?
Sorry for the slow reply, I missed this.

I'm not sure why you are worried about a value increasing/decreasing. Do you mean the ratio?

What I would do in this situation is something like this.

Code: Select all

generation source : hydro, coal, gas, re

generation mix ratio[generation source] = .2, .3, .4, .1

generation[generation source] = additional generation * generation mix ratio[generation source]
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559