How to model the following situation in VENSIM

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
kvivek27

How to model the following situation in VENSIM

Post by kvivek27 »

Hello members, I am a research student I request members to clariy:

I am using the academic version of vensim. I have developed a model for project management. When the model is simulated for a project then the project completes in 50 days.

Now suppose I want to suspend the model after it runs for two days ( may be three or fouth day). Then I want to change model parameters . After that the model is to be resumed to run till the project completes.

How to model the above in VENSIM ?
Please reply back to me through email apart from putting the message in the mailing list :
kvivek27@yahoo.com
Thanking you
anand
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Hello Anand,

You need to run your simulation as a game. Details of this are in the Vensim help system.

Tony.
Lee Jones

Post by Lee Jones »

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Each of the parameters you would like to change part way through the 50 days would need to be made into gaming parameters. In the equation editor, select "auxilliary" as the type, and select "gaming" in the drop-down box below. Or, you could simply change the equation, as below:

Before:
constant = 10

After:
constant = game(10)

When you run the model, select "Start a Game" and you will be able to enter the duration to simulate before user intervention. All the *new* gaming variables will be available for you to view/change before continuing another gaming interval.

I hope this helps.