Warnings suppressed

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Pierre

Warnings suppressed

Post by Pierre »

Hi,

When I launch a simulation in Vensim, I've got some warnings with the messages "similar warnings suppressed for additional variables" during the SETUP and "data range warnings suppressed for additional variables" during the SIMULATION. I would like to have the complete list of the warnings to check them.

Does anyone know how to get this list?

Thanks.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Truncated warnings relate to data, when it is missing, not computed, or goes out of range. They are truncated because on some models the number of these was overwhelming people. More fine grained control of warnings are available by setting them in constant changes files (which actually don't need to have constant changes if used for this purpose. See the section Constant Input Files in Chapter 8 of the Reference Manual or details. Using this, there will be no warnings issued at all when everything is working correctly, and any warning out of the ordinary will be immediately visible.
kleemax
Vensim version: PRO

Re: Warnings suppressed

Post by kleemax »

I have a similar problem when simulating: I get warnings of the kind "WARNING: No data found for (variable name)". I need a complete list, because I'm working with a large model that someone else built. Some of my exogenous input files (vdf) are makeing trouble, I need to narrow down which. For that a complete list would be very helpful.
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Warnings suppressed

Post by tomfid »

I don't think there's a quick fix for this, but here's an alternative approach:

Right-click the stats tool in the analysis toolbar (left side) and check the "activate on variable selection" box.
Run the model
Open the Control Panel and switch to the Variables tab
Use the filter menu to restrict the list to Data variables
Click on each variable entry in the list

This way you can get a quick picture of now many data points are available for each data variable - the troublesome ones will have 0.

You can run through a couple hundred variables pretty quickly, but if you have thousands, we'll have to think of something else.