Extract data from subscripts

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
krreddi

Extract data from subscripts

Post by krreddi »

How can we extract the data from subscripts and present in good way. I have been looking for ways to present the data but could not find any. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks
Krishna
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Hi Krishna,

It is a little unclear what you are after. If you want a single subscript value for an equation use

val3 = subscripted val[s3]

where eg sub:s1,s2,s3. If you mean for graphing or tables select the subscript you want in the subscript control. Chapter 17 of the User's Guide walks through all of this.
krreddi

Post by krreddi »

I am looking to analyze the data from subscripts to present the results. In chapter 17 the only way of presenting the subscript is graphs. Can you help me extract the data in tables so that I can do some post processing to get my results? I have used so many subscripts in the model and when ever I use the table tool to check the values I get to see only the first value in the subscript.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

There is a button "[Sub]" on the right hand side of the top toolbar. Click this and then select the subscripts you want to see in the table. Display the table again and the values will be shown.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

If you right-click the table tool, and check the "2d subscripting" option at top right, you can get it to present array tables rather than tables vs. time.

If your arrays have more than two dimensions, your best option is probably to export the data to Excel or use the ODBC tools.