custom tables do not keep the datasets *1 after the model is saved

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

custom tables do not keep the datasets *1 after the model is saved

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

I join a simplistic model with two tables. the essai2 has the datasets named and the other has an *1 for the second table value. if one saves the model and one loads it again, the *1 has disappeared in the essai table, but not the named datasets in the essai2.
Of course, I suppose that you will not find the *1 that i saved, because it has disappeared.
You must just change the dataset for the second value in the table essai into *1, and the table essai will work correctly. But if you save the model and load it again, the *1 will have disappeared and the table essai will no more work correctly.

of course i can use the method with the dataset named, but in my case it was much more convenient to use the *1 formula.

I join a published VPM model that contains the two datasets current1 and current2.

the problem stays the same if you save the model as a .mdl file or in a published way as .vpm

I use Vensim DSS 7.3.5

Regards.

JJ
Attachments
essai.vpm
(25.89 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
tomfid
Administrator

Re: custom tables do not keep the datasets *1 after the model is saved

Post by tomfid »

It seems like this would have no consequence, because by default the first run is shown when no specific name or wildcard is provided.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I had written a reply to this thread, but it must not have posted for some reason.

Can you upload the MDL instead of the VPM please? I can then take a proper look at what is happening.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

I join the .mdl file. you will have to create two runs with different value of x and name them current1 and current2, and compare the two graphs essai and essai2.

If I want to use the graph with the *1, I have to modify the graph to include the *1, lost during saving the model, something that is not too cumbersome, but better if corrected.

Best regards.

JJ
Attachments
essai.mdl
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 175 times