UK Vehicle Fleet Model

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
aashay_sh
Vensim version: PLE

UK Vehicle Fleet Model

Post by aashay_sh »

Hi,

For my university major project, I am studying the effects of EVs and Hybrids on air quality, for which I require to build a car fleet model of the UK using VENSIM. It is my first time using VENSIM. After studying the literature available, I am struggling to create an appropriate vehicle ageing dynamic in my model. Initially I modelled it as a linear system with a single rate of sales entering the stock and scrappage rate of vehicles leaving the stock (attached). I understand now that is not the case as I did not use any feedback and my vehicle ageing system was too simplistic.

I was wondering if similar model (such as the vision CA model referred to in one of the online tutorials) or methodology was available online to learn from. Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Attachments
Stock_Flow_Diagram_v9_UK_Fleet.mdl
This was one of my attempts at modelling the stock.
(6.6 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
aashay_sh
Vensim version: PLE

Re: UK Vehicle Fleet Model

Post by aashay_sh »

More Background on the model:

The purpose of the model is to model how the growth in electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrids affect air quality (in the UK).

Hence by building a stock of vehicles in the UK and by relating the emissions of the vehicles to their respective distances driven, I aim to find out what kind of effect EVs and hybrids will have on air quality in the future. Petrol and Diesel will have tailpipe emissions, EVs will have emissions from their fossil fuel based power source per kilometre driven.

That is the reason to separate the sales of the vehicles by petrol, diesel and EVs by engine size, to ultimately relate them to emissions data based on engine size.