Setting global default arrow sketch behavior

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
jpain3
Vensim version: DSS

Setting global default arrow sketch behavior

Post by jpain3 »

Is there a way to set default arrow widths and set the 'position polarity mark' radio button values in a global manner, aside from right-clicking on every single arrow individually?

My apologies if there is an obvious solution to this, but I've been searching both in Vensim and on this forum and can't find a solution.

I would like to be able to change the default arrows to be a much thicker line, and make the polarity marks be by default on the arrowhead. Aside from selecting each and every arrow individually, right clicking, and pressing the radio button for 'arrowhead' I can't figure out how to do this. When I try to change global options I can change the default arrow color (to black in my case), but can't seem to change the default line thickness.

If this is not part of the interface, is there some sort of .ini file I can edit, or property I can search/replace in a text editor of the mdl file? This is really slowing me down when trying to sketch things out.

Thanks all!
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Setting global default arrow sketch behavior

Post by tomfid »

It's not part of the defaults, but you can use Ctl-A or Edit>Or Select...>Information Arrows to select all arrows, then change them together using the bottom toolbar options.
jpain3
Vensim version: DSS

Re: Setting global default arrow sketch behavior

Post by jpain3 »

I had not noticed the Edit>Or Select>Information Arrows before! That is very helpful! I still wish I could change the "Position Arrow Polarity Mark at the..." radial button en masse, but this is a great help.

As always, thank you.