Problem with installation of VENSIM PLE

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Duan Hongxuan
Vensim version: PLE

Problem with installation of VENSIM PLE

Post by Duan Hongxuan »

Hello Sir/Miss, I have encountered much difficulty in installing VENSIM PLE on my laptop as after I key in the registration name, I got an error message like "Error during installation: Do not change the installation filename". I have read the responses to the existing issues and tried all of them, but the problem is still not solved. What I have done are: 1. Quit all the anti-virus software on my laptop. 2.Downloading the file rather than the temporary version. 3.Checking if I have earlier versions of Vensim, so as to uninstall them first before attempting another download. 4. Using a different brower (I have started off using Google Chrome, then switched to another brower, but to no avail.) Therefore, I wish to seek for your help and I look forward to your reply. Thanks so much!
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Problem with installation of VENSIM PLE

Post by tomfid »

Did you rename the installer .exe file when you downloaded it? Taking the error message literally, that might be the problem.
Duan Hongxuan

Post by Duan Hongxuan »

Hi Sir, I did not rename the installer.exe when I downloaded it. I just leave it naturally as it is.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Hmm ... what operating system?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

What anti-virus are you using? Could that be changing the installation file name?

If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure you download the installer rather than selecting "Run".
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
Duan Hongxuan

Post by Duan Hongxuan »

Hi Sir, thank you for your response. The operating system of my laptop is Windows 10. The anti-virus software I’m using is Tencent PC Manager, but I have uninstalled it from my laptop when I tried to install the VENSIM PLE.
moralening
Vensim version: PRO

Post by moralening »

Duan try to run the installation as the administrator to see if it works. I had the same issue a while back and ran the installation as the administrator and worked, also check for windows update.