Documentation on interface moves and changes in version 9

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
jpain3
Vensim version: DSS

Documentation on interface moves and changes in version 9

Post by jpain3 »

Is there documentation on how interface elements have shifted or changed from version 8.X to 9.0 in Vensim?

I'm working to update our introductory material for a System Dynamics course to reflect the new 9.0 interface (which students will be first exposed to this semester in the recent PLE release). I've mostly be able to port our old instructions to the new interface easily, but have run into a few issues.

A notable example is that the 'Sim Setup' button in the old interface appears to have been removed in the new interface, and isn't any any submenus that I can find.

Having students switch back to the 'old sketch' option appears to not be ideal as the version of PLE I am using for testing uses an even older version of the 'old sketch' interface than any of our documents use (for example, the 'sim setup' icon is a person on the starting blocks of a track meet).

Has the 'Sim Setup' feature been phased out in PLE? If not, where did it go? More generally, is there documentation on how interface elements have shifted in this new update?

Thanks!
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Documentation on interface moves and changes in version 9

Post by tomfid »

Sim Setup will be back shortly.