Interactive and Dynamic Cohorts

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
atkamal
Vensim version: Ventity

Interactive and Dynamic Cohorts

Post by atkamal »

Dear Ventity forum,

I am trying to create a transportation model with dynamic and interactive cohorts.

While I can do this for one vehicle type, through actions and trigger. I want to know if (and how) it is possible to:

1. Create cohorts for different types of vehicles (for e.g. After 2 years instead of creating an Internal Combustion Engine vehicle Cohort the model gives me vehicle cohorts for Hybrids or Electrics or PHEVs or all three combined).

2. Generate the number (amount) of cohort through interactive variables ( for e.g. create 1000 vehicles per GDP from the previous years, so if the GDP increases or decreases the cohort generated changes vice versa )

Would really appreciate your help. I have looked at all the examples as well as watch tutorial videos (by Tom) countless times and still am not able to figure this out.
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Interactive and Dynamic Cohorts

Post by tomfid »

There are several ways to do this, depending on how large a vector of vehicle types you need. Here are two:
VehicleCohorts.zip
(30.73 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
In #1, each cohort includes separate stocks of EVs and ICEs. This is pretty simple.

In #2, the idea of the "fleet" is generalized so that the total market includes separate fleets of EVs, gas, diesel, and you can augment the types as much as you want by adding to the initialization data.
atkamal
Vensim version: Ventity

Re: Interactive and Dynamic Cohorts

Post by atkamal »

Thank you Tom!!!

Really appreciate this. Will go through the model and try to recreate it myself.

Regards,
Athar